FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Windows Mobile Support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RyanBritton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RyanBritton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows Mobile Support
    Posted: 06-May-2010 at 7:38am
Hi guys,

I'm not sure which forum to post this into - if this is the wrong one then I apologise.

We are in the final phases of testing a fairly mindblowing logistics LOB solution leveraging Silverlight and the DevForce Suite. One of the tag-on projects that we will be engaging next will be a Windows Mobile 6.5 application for use by vehicles in-transit and operators on the floor at the various hubs. Naturally we are now wondering if it is possible to design this lite application as an IdeaBlade client connected to the same BOS as the Silverlight client.

Is this possible? If not - why not? Many applications these days have mobile counterparts and I would imagine that this would be a great (and easily achievable) marketing angle for the suite. I don't see anything in the documentation regarding this - am I missing something?

Ryan
ting View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote ting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2010 at 5:40pm
Hi Ryan,

That would be our goal too, but unfortunately, Windows Mobile 6.5 does not support enough of the .NET runtime to allow a DevForce client to run.  Windows Phone 7 with its upcoming Silverlight support is certainly a possibility though.  For the meantime, it looks like an ASP.NET application which uses DevForce on the server may be the best option.

Post Reply Post Reply