FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

CNET Install hides Serial Number TextBox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CNET Install hides Serial Number TextBox
    Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 1:49pm
I'm having an issue in my development workstation when trying to install the Enterprise version of DevForce. The installer won't ask me for any key or something, and then it falls back to the free version. I previously had DevForce free installed. I followed the procedure of deinstalling first, then install enterprise, but didn't work. The same installer on any of my laptops WILL ask me for the key, so it's not a file corrupted issue or something.

The exact description of the problem would be: In the Customer Information step of the InstallShield wizard, the Serial Number label and TextBox are not visible.

IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 1:50pm
I'm pretty sure that I know what your problem is. We have one other customer who ran into this problem.

I believe that somewhere in the past, you have installed software from CNET, This could be IdeaBlade DevForce, or some other free download from CNET. To verify this look for a "Protexis" directory in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data".

When we developed the free download for CNET, we added a branch in our Install logic. If there is a "Protexis" directory in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data", our installer auromatically installs DevForce Express without prompting for a key. Otherwise, it asks for a registration key.

To fix your problem, simply delete the "Protexis" directory. Don't worry, it is an empty directory.

Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 1:52pm

Thanks a lot! You were exactly right, I did what you just told me and everything is fine now.

Post Reply Post Reply