FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

EntityQuery.AddOrderBy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EntityQuery.AddOrderBy
    Posted: 05-Aug-2010 at 2:47am
Dear reader,

using IdeaBlade DevForce Classic v3.7.1.0 we have encountered the following problem:

when using AddOrderBy() with an EntityQuery myquery using a nullable EntityColumn, there is a problem when using this query with pm.GetEntities<T>(myquery), _if_ the database actually contains null-values (for this column).
[I might add that myquery also uses "TOP", though I don't know whether that makes any difference.]

In this case the following error message appears:

If the table does not contain null-values (for this column) the query and ordering works fine.

If reading the entities into a list (without ordering) and using ApplySort afterwards on the list (for this column), ordering works fine.

[Unfortunately this seems to be no solution to us: using TOP the result set is just different, depending on whether sorting is used on SQL-level.]

Anyway, I would expect ordering to work already on SQL-level, whether the column is nullable or not, and whether there are null-values or not.

Can you reproduce this behaviour? Is there a solution to this?

Thanks for your reply
Jörg

Post Reply Post Reply