FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Mulit lingual data

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JST View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mulit lingual data
    Posted: 05-Aug-2010 at 7:16am
I need to make my app multi-language. Now, for the static part this is easy (resources). But now the data. Database wise I'd think is should be 1 to n relationship between say product and productnamesanddescriptions. But this has a huge impact on the UI and databindnig (that now is binding to the name-property which is going to be moved to this new table in several languages). Any ideas on how to best tackle this challenge.
I figures I can create a name property (and a description property and all properties that are strings that need translation) on my product and then in the getter use some business-logic to retrieve the appropriate name/description (based on

System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture.

Anyways, Any feedback would be awesome.

Thanks
GregD View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote GregD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2010 at 5:47pm

The approach you describe seems reasonable to us.

JST View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2010 at 11:20pm
From your experience, any other approaches to think about?
 Post Reply Post Reply