FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Configuration of BOS - WCF Binding Config

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yafei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yafei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Configuration of BOS - WCF Binding Config
    Posted: 25-Aug-2010 at 3:33pm
Hi IdeaBlade Support,

We 're working on deployment of the BOS on our server machine.  I'm little confused about the configuration on BOS server, and client side. More specifically confusion comes from the ObjectServer and WCF system.serviceModel section. It looks that it's working fine for BOS if there is no system.serviceModel in place. But I get all .config samples under ..Learning Resources\110_Deployment\Snippets\Sample N-tier config files where are all about WCF system.serviceModel endpoint.

Do you have any updated document talking about the confusion? I have searched all topics in Forum and all latest documentations and unfortunately I haven't got anything helpful.

Thanks,
A BOS user

kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2010 at 5:15pm
The sample config files are provided to show how to configure the system.serviceModel section should you want or need to.  You may need to if the DevForce defaults (as shown in the samples) are not sufficient for your implementation.  If you want to stick with DF defaults, then the settings in the ideablade.configuration section may be all you need.  The BOS topic in the wiki at http://drc.ideablade.com/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/BusinessObjectServer  discusses BOS configuration. 
yafei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yafei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2010 at 5:22pm
Quick update on my question: after few hours, I have figured out some configurtions for server and client. And according one documentation coming with the samples and my testing, in server side, the following is required for objectServer

<objectServer remoteBaseURL="http://192.168.0.109"
                            serverPort="9009"
                            />

Any definition in <system.serviceModel> section will only add customized Binding.

In cliend side, the following is a minimum:
    <objectServer>
      <clientSettings isDistributed="true" />
    </objectServer>

But you need to make sure that the Binding between client and server is same.
 Post Reply Post Reply