FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Removing DynamicEntities from cache

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing DynamicEntities from cache
    Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 3:44pm

I would like to know how I could clear from the cache all DynamicEntity instances.

We’re using PersistanceManager.RemoveEntities(type, datarowstate).

IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 3:45pm

Try this:

foreach (EntityTypeInfo eti in EntityTypeInfo.GetAllDynamicTypes()) {

if (typeof(DynamicEntity).IsAssignableFrom(eti.EntityType) && (eti.DataSourceExtension == this.mPm1.DataSourceExtension)) {

this.mPm1.RemoveEntities(eti.EntityType, DataRowState.Unchanged);

}

}

The EntityTypeInfoGetAllDynamicTypes method is unfortunately misnamed – it will return all known entity types, and also returns everything for all known data source extensions.  (I might enter a defect report to fix this.)  Anyway, if you then filter out actual dynamic types for your data source extension, you can then do the RemoveEntities call.  Note that the dynamic entity type still exists, and its entity table is still in the PM.  Also note that removing entities with this overload, even if dynamic, causes the query cache to be cleared.  If this behavior isn’t wanted, you’d have to first retrieve the entities, and then use the RemoveEntities(list, bool) overload.

Post Reply Post Reply