FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Local cache

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DjStitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DjStitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Local cache
    Posted: 09-Dec-2010 at 7:35am
Hi there.

Can i use the local cache file isolated file to upload into a different app, and if not how can i do this, for example how can i make it a xml file without alot of coding. inporting and exporting of a file.
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2010 at 10:33am
Hi DjStitch,

You can always save the cache into a file in the local disk and retrieve it at a later time by using SaveCacheState and RestoreCacheState.
You can find additional information in our DevForce Resource Center.

sbelini
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2010 at 1:27pm

Since the resource center doesn't (yet) show recent changes to this API I thought I'd chime in that all of the EntityCacheState-related methods allow you to override the default of binary formatted save/read and instead use plain text.  The ECS is in xml, so calling SaveCacheState with the option to save as text will do the trick. 

Uploading into a different app, whether a DevForce application or not, might present challenges, especially if using DevForce or the raw DataContractSerializer - because of problems with "known" types. 
 Post Reply Post Reply