FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

TDD with Ideablade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
donnybrasco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote donnybrasco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TDD with Ideablade
    Posted: 03-Apr-2011 at 9:39am
Hi Ideablade Team,

I working using Ideablade 3.7.1 and my philosophy follows that code should be test driven and have been battling to find a way to do TDD using your tools. I have searched all over the internet for samples or examples but to no prevail. I am using NUnit as my testing framework and would like to find out how I could test using ideablade objects without have to hit the db. I need to create test packs and objects to test various scenarios such as CRUD operations and collection manipulation. I am not sure what I would need to mock out to achive this and would be very happy if you could provide me with a simple demo of how to do this using TDD?
smi-mark View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote smi-mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2011 at 8:54pm
With IdeaBlade classic this would be very hard. DevForce 2010 provides a MUCH easier way of testing it. You can test it against in memory data, or asynchronously against a BOS using the fake composition context.

I'm not sure if this is a new project, or an existing one, but if possible I would highly recommend upgrading to DevForce 2010.

See this article for more info http://drc.ideablade.com/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/test

Post Reply Post Reply