FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Program Doesnt Work after updating to 6.1.0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JohnBloom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnBloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Program Doesnt Work after updating to 6.1.0
    Posted: 06-May-2011 at 1:05pm
I uploaded to the latest version when it came out and now I am getting an error in my authentication process during runtime:

The formatter threw an exception while trying to deserialize the message: 
There was an error while trying to deserialize parameter http://ideablade.com/EntityModel:bundle. 
The InnerException message was 'Element 'http://ideablade.com/EntityModel:Identity' contains data 
from a type that maps to the name 'http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/CoreDB.Models:UserToken'. 
The deserializer has no knowledge of any type that maps to this name. Consider using a DataContractResolver 
or add the type corresponding to 'UserToken' to the list of known types - for example,
by using the KnownTypeAttribute attribute or by adding it to the list of known types passed to DataContractSerializer.'. 
Please see InnerException for more details.

UserToken looks like this

[DataContract]
    [DiscoverableType(DiscoverableTypeMode.KnownType)]
    [KnownType(typeof(UserToken))]
    [KnownType(typeof(UserBase))]
    public class UserToken : UserIdentity
    {

public UserToken(object id, string name, string type, bool isAuthenticated)
            : base(name, type, isAuthenticated)
        {
            _userID = id;
        }
        //[DataMember]
        public string FriendlyName { get; set; }

//[DataMember]
        public string PharmacyID { get; set; }

[DataMember]
        public object UserID
        {
            get { return _userID; }
            set { _userID = value; }
        }

private object _userID;
     }

It was working fine before. Not sure what happened. I ran the custom tool on the code generation and everything compiled fine. Anybody have any ideas?
-John Bloom
JohnBloom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnBloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2011 at 2:09pm
Ok I confirmed that it is the update to 6.1.0. I reinstalled 6.0.9 and it is working again. Is there a bug in 6.1.0 or did a bug fix expose my bug?
-John Bloom
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2011 at 3:29pm
One possibility is that the assembly(ies) the class is defined in is no longer being probed, since some changes were made to the CompositionHost.SearchPatterns logic.

This could be happening on either the client or server, or both, so you'll need to check the trace messages on both sides to see what assemblies were found during probing.   The server will have a debuglog.xml file you can check, as will a non-Silverlight client.  If this is a Silverlight application, you can add a trace viewer or logger to capture diagnostic messages - http://drc.ideablade.com/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/custom-logger
JohnBloom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnBloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2011 at 2:51pm
Finally got around to updating to the latest version. You were right! It wasnt probing those assemblies. The Ideablade dlls Copy Local were not set to true so it was throwing an error. Thanks for the help.
-John Bloom
mikedfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mikedfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2011 at 5:58am
I'm having the same problem with 6.1.2, but only at design time. I've checked the copy local, but it didn't help. I'm betting its related to the probing, but it doesn't log when it runs at design time.

Post Reply Post Reply