FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Inheritance issue in DevForce

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inheritance issue in DevForce
    Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 2:57pm

I  recently tried adding an inherited class into our inheritance hierarchy of Entities.  Previously we had this:

VersionClassDataRow – which declares column “RowVers” for concurrency

VersionClass – which has some functionality on RowVers

AnatomyDataRow (just as an example)

Anatomy

This changed to this: 

VersionClassDataRow – which declares row “RowVers” for concurrency

VersionClass

RTObjectEntityBaseDataRow

RTObjectEntityBase – which has some additional functionality for my project, but no new columns

AnatomyDataRow

Anatomy 

Now when I look at RTObjectEntity, it says RowVers is inherited, but when I look at Anatomy, it no longer says that RowVers is inherited.  I get compiler warnings about this, and I can’t make DevForce understand that it should inherit the RowVers still.  It’s like the ORM tool is only looking one inheritance level up to determine this information.

Is this a DevForce bug?  I don’t see any immediate impact (my unit tests for Anatomy still SEEM to function properly) but I’m concerned that this is not how it should work.

IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 2:58pm
I have attached an .orm file containing similar inheritance hierarchy based on IdeaBladeTutorial where:

Employee -> EmployeeBase -> CrtnMod

And having reviewed your own .orm file I have the following advice:

In the OM, I went to the Anatomy class, changed the Base Class to “None”, clicked onto another field to accept the change. Then went to Base Class and reassigned the RTObjectEntityBase. Then when I clicked on the Simple Properties tab the RowVers now displays it is inherited.

Very strange … but that should fix up your .orm file. I don’t think (???) the above will have any impact on your existing set of classes other than removing that compilation warning.

Not sure what might have caused that to happen.

Post Reply Post Reply