FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Parallel tasks and property navigation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rclarke View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rclarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parallel tasks and property navigation
    Posted: 21-Sep-2011 at 8:05am
I have some functionality in my application that I want to off load to seperate parallel tasks. The application is a client application with a single Entity Manager and most of the DevForce uses synchronous requests. The functionality I want to do in parallel tasks uses both scalar queries and property navigation of entities. I know how to convert the scalar queries but how do I handle the property navigation to avoid an exception that Entity Manager can only run on a single thread?
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2011 at 11:01am
Hi Ron,

You'd use Parallel Async Coroutines in this case.

Can you provide more information on exactly what you are doing that is causing the exception stated? (please provide snippet and/or solution sample)

Regards,
   Silvio.
rclarke View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rclarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2011 at 1:36pm
My post was more of a question for information than an actual issue. I did not know if I needed to avoid property navigation or make sure I use "Includes"... that kind of thing. I will alsp look at using coroutines.  Thanks...
 Post Reply Post Reply