FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Business Object Server for WebServer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Business Object Server for WebServer
    Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 3:41pm
Have you got any tutorials in setting up the business object sever for web based applications
IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 3:42pm
The relevant tutorials are "364. Deployment" and "366. IIS Deployment".  These two tutorials show how to use a BOS with a windows application.  Web application BOS deployments are very similar except that the web application is running on a Web Server rather than a client PC.  There is an interesting choice for the Server.  It can run on the same physical machine as the web application or it can run on a separate machine.  If you modify your current configuration to use a BOS (on same machine), then the Web Server will essentially be doing the same amount of work as it is currently doing, except now it has the advantage of being able to use pooled connections  .If you modify your current configuration to use a BOS (on a different machine), then the Web Server will essentially be doing part of the work as it is currently doing, and it has the additional advantage of being able to use pooled connections.

Another way to think of your task is to start with the 364 or 366 tutorials and replace the Windows App with the Web App.  Then install the client-side Setup project on the Web Server.  If you are using a single machine, install the server-side Setup project on the same machine.  If you are using a separate physical machine for the BOS, install the server side Setup project on the BOS (i.e., other machine).

I hope this makes sense to you.  If not, I can modify my existing web application tutorial to add a Setup project

Post Reply Post Reply