FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Login screen written in html

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JohnBloom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnBloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Login screen written in html
    Posted: 27-Apr-2012 at 6:29am
We have had a recent requirement that our login screen be written in html instead of silverlight. As part of my research I thought I would check to see if it is even possible for Cocktail to handle the login being outside of silverlight. We would like to use the same authentication for our silverlight product and another asp.net product.

I am hoping for nudge in the right direction and to know if it is even possible.
-John Bloom
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2012 at 12:21pm
Yep, that's entirely possible. You'll be doing your login through ASP.NET. See here for how to configure DevForce to use ASP.NET security.

You might also find the following helpful. I wrote this a while back and it probably needs to be updated.

Once the login is done and the Silverlight app fires up, you simply call LoginAsync on the AuthenticationService with null credentials. The out-of-the-box AspAuthenticatingLoginManager will grab the current user from the HttpContext.
 Post Reply Post Reply