FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Fakestore performance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Walid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Walid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fakestore performance
    Posted: 30-Jul-2012 at 12:49am
Hi,

I use the harness mode and to be closer to the reality I created 1000 entities of type A in my sampledataprovider.
When I load those entities it takes 25 seconds, the same query takes 1 second when targetting the DB (with also 1000 records).

I know the fake backing store is only for the test purpose but I wonder if it's normal that its so slow when you start to have some volume.

Regards,

Edited by Walid - 30-Jul-2012 at 2:56am
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2012 at 10:25am
Honestly, I don't know, I haven't used the fake store with lots of data, but that doesn't seem right. The fake store is an in-memory datastructure much like the cache, so I'm surprised about this. Now, there are no indexes in the fake backing store, but still, it's all in memory. What's your query look like?
Walid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Walid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2012 at 10:38am
I was also suprised because it's an in-memory datastructure.

The query is very simple, it use the Repository implementation in cocktail !

yield return unitOfWork.Compagnies.FindAsync(p => p.Actif, q => q.OrderBy(p => p.Nom), null, {
                    ObsCompagnies = new BindableCollection<Cnam>(entities);
                });
25s is the duration of the query, the ObservableCollection stuff isn't included.
The Compagnies Entity has 9 fields and I don't have any include.

One thing maybe, this Entity use TPH. 
There is 8 others Entities using the same table but the volume in the fakestore is maybe 10 or 15 entities.

mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2012 at 10:54am
Can you put together a small sample that reproduces the issue and send it to me?
Walid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Walid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2012 at 11:05am
Ok, I will try to do it tomorrow
 Post Reply Post Reply