FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DataGrid and EntityGroups

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
watah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote watah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DataGrid and EntityGroups
    Posted: 31-Jul-2012 at 8:06am
I've been porting an application from DevForce 3 (Classic) to DevForce v5. I've successfully modified the code to compile with DevForce 5, but I have a hard time to bind the data (Entities) to the WPF application. 

There are a lot of DataGrids used in the WPF application and I haven't been able to bind the data to the ItemsSource element of the DataGrid. 

The entities were previously accessed via an EntityList which could easily be assigned to the ItemsSource element since it derived from an IList. 

The EntityLists were replaced by EntityGroups and I'm trying to find a way to assign the entities to the DataGrid as previously described. 

Is there a way to do so? Or should I make an EntityQuery and use the ToList() method and then assign that list to the DataGrid? (I want to avoid this solution as it will take a lot more time to refactor the project)

Thank you and good day! 

Edited by watah - 31-Jul-2012 at 8:07am
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2012 at 9:04am
Hi watah,

Rather than using a List, I suggest you to bind the grid to an ObservableCollection.
Yes, you will need to create an EntityQuery and have the additional refactoring work, but that's the best way.

Regards,
   Silvio.
watah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote watah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2012 at 7:41am
Thank you for you help. I will follow your recommendation. 
 Post Reply Post Reply