FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

cant build TempHire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stevef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote stevef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cant build TempHire
    Posted: 11-Sep-2012 at 3:11pm
Marcel,
I'm getting a build error on the App.Silverlight.xaml in Harness.SL project:
The tag 'ViewModelLocator' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:TempHire.DesignTimeSupport'.

Similarly, I'm getting a warning in TempHire.SL project:
The tag 'AppBootstrapper' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:TempHire'.

Similarly, in my own application, which used to build just fine under DF 6.1.6 and Cocktail 0.5.0, I now get the same
"The tag 'ViewModelLocator' does not exist in XML namespace" error, once I upgraded to DF 6.1.8 and Cocktail 1.0.

I'm at my wit's end.

Any ideas?

Tx,
- Steve -

mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2012 at 4:05pm
Have you by any chance installed DF 6.1.8.1 instead of DF 6.1.8? The NuGet packages TempHire downloads were built with DF 6.1.8. DF 6.1.8.1 is a hotfix that addresses a specifc issue with composite foreign keys. I haven't put out updated NuGet packages that were built with DF 6.1.8.1, so you have to install 6.1.8 in the meantime.
stevef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote stevef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2012 at 4:16pm
Thanks for the quick answer!
I indeed installed DF 6.1.8.1  It's the only version available for download from the download page, as far as I can tell.
How about the Cocktail binary that's also available on the IB download page?  Was that built against DF 6.1.8.1?
Because that's what I'm using in my application, not NuGet pkg, and I'm experiencing the same issue.
How soon can you provide an updated build/package? Or is it simple enough to just recompile Cocktail source code?

Tx.

mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2012 at 4:24pm
All the current binaries are built with 6.1.8. The zip you downloaded contains the DF 6.1.8 installer. Yes, it is as simple as recompiling the Cocktail source code if you want to stick with 6.1.8.1 or you can use the included installer to install 6.1.8.
stevef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote stevef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2012 at 5:09pm
So I recompiled Cocktail against 6.1.8.1 and the issue went away in my project.
Thanks Marcel!

mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2012 at 7:30pm
Great! Cocktail v1.0.1 is now also available on NuGet and for download. This version supports DF 6.1.8.1.
 Post Reply Post Reply