FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Custom validation example

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
siko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote siko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom validation example
    Posted: 12-Sep-2012 at 5:58am
Hi,

I'm a bit confused on how to implement the following 'business rule':

What:
An assessment cannot be saved if there is already an assessment for a certain date, applicant and assessment-type. (assessment, applicant, assessment date are 'unique'). We might in the future have to add 'for a certain user domain/organization' ... so we don't think of solving this with an unique index on db level.

How:
Validation rule. With other words, find async the assessment with the same date, applicant and assessment-type as the assessment to be saved and returns 'all good' if none found.

With what:
Here it becomes a bit blurry. It seems the Verifier route is the way to go. But I get stuck Finding the assessments async.
And I don't really get if the EntityServerSaveInterceptor is the place to do this check.

Any help would be appreciated!
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2012 at 7:55am
The way to go here is a validation service that can be called asynchronously by the ViewModel before allowing the user to save.
This scenario is discussed here:

Post Reply Post Reply