New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: [SOLVED] Firing the Infrastructure.Foundation assembly
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] Firing the Infrastructure.Foundation assembly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] Firing the Infrastructure.Foundation assembly
    Posted: 13-Aug-2007 at 11:28am
Thought I would break this out into a separate thread...

I am a little stumped at how this dll gets called.  I have not changed the section in the profile catalog file.  It is exactly the same as it is in the Cabana app.  The ShellApplication runs all the way through to the ShellForm but never fires the FoundationModule class in order to fill the workspaces.  What wires have I crossed or not connected?

Thanks,
Bill

Edited by Linguinut - 13-Aug-2007 at 2:43pm
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2007 at 2:48pm
The issue was that the Infrasctructure.Foundation.dll was not getting called.  It was in the profilecatalog.xml file, so the question then was, why isn't the profilecatalog.xml file being read.  I created the xml file from scratch and copied the basic structure from the Cabana app.  At that point, I figured the CAB application will read it and run the assemblies once they were found.  The problem was that the CAB could not find the profilecatalog.xml file.  The reason was that the "Copy to Output Directory" setting on the file was defaulted to "Do not copy."  The setting needed to be "Copy if newer."  Once I changed this, the app ran as expected.  The layout was loaded and my new module kicked in beautifully!

Wow...that took a long time to figure out.  Boy, am I dense.
Bill
 Post Reply Post Reply