FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Silverlight / debuglog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mikke63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mikke63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silverlight / debuglog
    Posted: 27-Sep-2012 at 3:42am
Hi,

I'm having problem with my SL5/DF2012 project, in that the client cannot connect to the server side DF service:

There is no endpoint listening on http://localhost:54031/EntityService.svc/sl

I've checked the service url as suggested in the documentation, and gets an HTTP404 "The resource cannot be found" error in the browser. This leads me to believe that the service endpoint is not starting, and hence I want to check the debuglog.xml file for possible reasons. This part I would think should be quite easy, but this is where I'm stuck.

How do I get the server side of a Silverlight project to produce the debuglog file? I believed that the default DF configuration would create this file, but I'm not able to find it.

Thanks,
Mikael

mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2012 at 3:55am
There is no debug log if the server can't even start. In order to write a debug log the server has to first start up to a certain point. Check the Windows event log for a possible reason why the web app won't start. Probably a missing assembly or something like that.
mikke63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mikke63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2012 at 4:23am
Of course. I found no event log entries on the development machine. However, I compared the project with an older SL4/DF2010 project and found that the web project was missing references to entitymodel.edm, .server and .web. Nuget on the web project solved the problem.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Mikael

Post Reply Post Reply