FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Transaction Timeout -> fine in dev ,no in stage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pponzano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pponzano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transaction Timeout -> fine in dev ,no in stage
    Posted: 02-Oct-2012 at 7:15am
Hello,
I've a sp that takes some time to execute (It calculates a lot of positions on DB), from SQL Management studio takes 10 minutes, executing it from my developing platform (we've the DB that's over la intranet) tooks around 16minutes... and it works...when I execute it on the stage enviorment I got a transaction timed out....

for both the methos is the same

public OperationResult Generate(DateTime scadenza, Action onSuccess = null, Action<Exception> onFail = null)
        {
            var query = entityManagerProvider.Manager.myqueryQuery(12345,date);

TransactionSettings settings = new TransactionSettings(System.Transactions.IsolationLevel.Serializable, new TimeSpan(0, 0, 30, 0, 0));

QueryStrategy qs = new QueryStrategy(QueryStrategy.DataSourceOnly, settings);

query.CommandTimeout = 1800;
            var op = query.With(qs).ExecuteAsync();

return op.OnComplete(onSuccess, onFail).AsOperationResult();
        }

I've also checked the wcf timeout...they're ok...
I don't know where to look at
Thanks
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2012 at 10:31am
Are you deploying over IIS?
If so, you might want to set executionTimeout properly. (see http://drc.ideablade.com/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/understand-timeouts)

sbelini.
pponzano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pponzano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2012 at 11:05pm
Hello,
I spotted the problem..... would have wasted almost a month....it was the user for staging enviorment.... it was not liked by a linked server that was called from the SP...using the production user fixed the problem

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply