FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

client outside my network can't visit the BOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fskang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fskang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: client outside my network can't visit the BOS
    Posted: 15-Aug-2007 at 5:20am

When I  use iis demploy BOS from inside my network, everything works fine. However, when I have a client outside my network that visit the iis inside the network, it fails when i login .I kown it's the  the problem of firewall. My IIS server’s IP address is being translated by a firewall. now, I can visit the testasa.aspx out of my network.what can I do??other, I set the machineName config, but the problem is also exist. the computer name of my server is www-ftp-mail...

davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 9:24am
Look at the advice in the Developer's Guide on IIS n-Tier Deployment on page 479.

In particular, it looks like you may have a NAT issue.

It’s a NAT (Network Address Translation) problem most of the time. We’re most likely to use NAT if our server is behind a firewall.

When using NAT, we must specify the machine name in the “channel” tag such as this one:

<channel ref="http" machineName="www.ideablade.com">

1)       Spelling and case in XML is critical. Note the capital ‘N’ in “machineName”.

2)       Use a DNS name for the machine, not an IP address.

Of course if we are not using NAT – e.g., the we’ve deployed to a local copy of IIS on our development machine -- then we cannot have a machine name and the channel tag must look like this.

<channel ref="http">

Multiple deployment environments – e.g., development, test, stage, and production – invite this kind of error
fskang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fskang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 10:45pm
Thank you. I have solved this problem. I visit the server out of my network with the ip 196.22.*.*, I set the machineName use this ip. then everthing works fine. but I don't kown why. I guessed that the firewall translate the ip to local area network ip,then the iis can't locate the url, because the remoting use the ip out of network to publish the BOS, so we must use the machineName to translate the ip. am I right?(sorry, my english is poor...)
 Post Reply Post Reply