FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Absolute Path with Windows Authentication

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mseeli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mseeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Absolute Path with Windows Authentication
    Posted: 10-Nov-2012 at 9:32am
I use DevForce in a Silverlight application. I had it configured and working using windows authentication. Then we decided to use Teleriks Test Studio to test our UI. 

Telerik Test Studio requires that you specify absolute paths and not just relative paths.

I finally got it to work but now windows authentication is no longer passing the user Id to the application. Can you please point me to a ressource where I can see how such a system is configured correctly in the web.config but also in the ServuceReferences.ClientConfig. 

Do I need EntiyServer.svc and EntityServier.svc? 
Do I need to override ServiceEvents (OnEndpointCreated)?
Do I need to override ProxyEvents (OnEnpointCreated)?

mseeli
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2012 at 5:33pm
I'm not familiar with Telerik Test Studio, so don't understand the requirement for absolute paths - do you mean when specifying the endpoints in a ClientConfig?

Anyway, our Windows authentication documentation is somewhat scattered. but here are some places to start:

- You only need the EntityService.svc and EntityServer.svc files if you have not registered a virtual path provider in the application_start logic in global.asax.  The global.asax files provided with DevForce samples and templates all register the provider.

- You can override ServiceHostEvents and/or make web.confg changes to modify the binding to accept Windows credentials.

- You can override ServiceProxyEvents and/or use a ServiceReferences.ClientConfig file, though no changes are required on the Silverlight client to use Windows authentication.
 Post Reply Post Reply