FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Non SQL Backend?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
-ook View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote -ook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non SQL Backend?
    Posted: 06-Dec-2012 at 1:43pm
Is it possible to use Ideablade with a non-SQL backend? The backend is a proprietry datastore that has custom SDK and or web services. I would like to program a client interface leveraging Ideablade but converting the Ideablade entities to the appropriate proprietry SDK on the server..... possible?

Thanks
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2012 at 2:52pm
Hi ook,

DevForce is build on top of EF and EF must support the datastore you are trying to use.

i.e. As long as this proprietary datastore has a service provider for EF, you should have no problem.

Regards,
   sbelini.
-ook View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote -ook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2012 at 2:54pm
ok, thanks. In this case there is no EF provider so I am out of luck.
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2012 at 3:44pm
Actually,

You could use POCOs as well. In that case, you wouldn't have to rely on a database or any datastore that needed a service provider.
You'll find more information at http://drc.ideablade.com/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/poco

sbelini.
 Post Reply Post Reply