FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SL5 Coktail v1 devforce 2010?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jkattestaart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jkattestaart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SL5 Coktail v1 devforce 2010?
    Posted: 23-Apr-2013 at 11:30pm
Currently we are working on a project with cocktail v1 with devforce 2010 for our SL4 application. All goes well but SL4 lacks advanced binding capabilities and SL5 wwould solve that.

So we want to upgrade to SL5 but stick with cocktail v1/Devforce 2010.
Last time i checked this i run into several problems like mefcontrib etc.
Marcel does it make sense to check against the latest libraries if this would work now or do you advice to move to Cocktail v2/2012.
I am afraid the alternative upgrading to cocktail 2.0 Devforce 2012 is to much work.
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2013 at 11:39am
What other problems besides MefContrib did you run into? MefContrib is dead and I recommend to stop using it. There are several issues with it. 
jkattestaart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jkattestaart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2013 at 12:07pm
I could not get my project built.
The sample application Temphire SL is also SL4.
It would be nice if the TempHire cocktail v1 version would run against SL5. So i could check my code.
I will try to move to SL5 and see what goes wrong.
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2013 at 11:56pm
The SL5 version of TempHire is using Cocktail and DevForce 2012. I have no plans to port TempHire v1 to SL5. Make sure you reinstall the NuGet packages after retargeting your projects, so the correct assemblies get referenced.
 Post Reply Post Reply