FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Devforce 2010 queries on SQL Azure database

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
monikapathak14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote monikapathak14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Devforce 2010 queries on SQL Azure database
    Posted: 26-Jun-2013 at 3:07am
Hi,

Have migrated my SQL database to SQL Azure.
But as I run my asynchronous devforce queries(as its a Silverlight 4.0 project) on SQL Azure entities...though no error is being thrown, I always get a blank resultset.

Please help...and let me know if these two...devforce version 6 and sql azure are even compatible.
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2013 at 10:06am
Monika,

Have you checked the server debug log for any relevant information?

Is it receiving the client's request?

Have you taken a look at the video at http://drc.ideablade.com/devforce-2012/bin/view/Documentation/Azure which talks deployement in Azure?
It might cover a step you missed.

Post Options Post Options   Quote monikapathak14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2013 at 11:59pm
Yes the debug log contains correct queries which return correct results when run against the sql azure database using management studio.

Have also gone through the video that you have pointed to...It suggest suggests to change the connection string in the web.config file that I already did.

Also, I don't get any error while I debug my local code connecting to the sql azure database...The only problem is - the async queries that am running return empty resultsets when I check in the functions' callbacks..
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2013 at 2:18pm
Monika,

I'm confused.
Can you confirm that you are getting:
   EntityQueryOperation.CompletedSuccessfully = true
and
   EntityQueryOperation.Results.Count() == 0

Post Options Post Options   Quote monikapathak14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2013 at 10:18pm
Hi,

Have got the issue resolved.
Made some changes in the web.config and the main problem was with the data that I migrated to sql azure. Copied some of it manually and it works fine now...

Still have some problems with sql azure migration...so ....nothing to do with devforce queries.

Thanks for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply