FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Missing Tables in Tutorial Database

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing Tables in Tutorial Database
    Posted: 10-Sep-2007 at 1:37pm
A Cabana user asked:

We currently do not have the same tutorial database that you have.  The database that I have installed, from the ideablade install and from the one available on the CAB page, is missing the following tables:

AuditValue
EntityClass
EntityProperty
SecurityGroup
SecurityCode
UserSecurityGroup
UserSecurityCode
SecurityGroupSecurityCode

Where can I get a current tutorial database?

Ward's Reply:

Actually, the appropriate IdeaBladeTutorial database is included in the DevForce version that you (presumably) installed (it must be DF 3.5.3 or later).

As my Installation and Release Notes strive to make clear, the DevForce install will NOT replace an existing IdeaBladeTutorial from an earlier install of DevForce.  We didn't want to do that automatically and accidentally wipe out data you might have put into it.

Evidently, you have an old tutorial db. You must manually remove it and then install the new version of that db that came with the latest DevForce.

The easy way: Start | All Programs | IdeaBlade DevForce | Tools | Database Installer.

P.S.: There is an IdeaBladeTutorial db that works for Cabana that can be found on our Cabana web page, www.ideablade.com/Cabana. It is not guaranteed to be the latest db ... just one that is sure to work with Cabana. So prefer the one shipped with DevForce.
 Post Reply Post Reply