FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Code Generator DLL Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RobDog888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RobDog888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Code Generator DLL Error
    Posted: 29-Aug-2013 at 8:01pm
Running VS 2012 on Windows 7 64 bit and I received this error when trying to update model from database:

Error 164 Compiling transformation: Metadata file 'IdeaBlade.VisualStudio.OM.CodeGeneratorV6.11.0.dll' could not be found.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2013 at 8:06am

This assembly was renamed in the 6.1.15 release.  The easiest way to fix the problem is to delete the *.edmx.tt file and resave the EDMX.  This will recreate the .tt file with the correct assembly names.  More info here - http://drc.ideablade.com/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/6115-release-notes#HBreakingchanges.

RobDog888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RobDog888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2013 at 11:25am
Thanks for your reply but I am still having issues with this.
We are on 6.11.0 so I don't see how the breaking change for 6.15.0 would affect us.

I have deleted the files and regenerated them but its still giving the same error.
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2013 at 11:33am
Oh sorry.  That error you're getting is the same one you'll get with 6.1.15, so I jumped to this conclusion.

In the VS Tools | Extensions and Updates window, can you double-check the "DevForce 2010 EDM Designer Extension" to see that it's enabled and also its version number?

What is the target framework for the model project?

Do you also have the DevForce 2012 EDM extension installed?
RobDog888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RobDog888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2013 at 11:56am
We are targeting .NET 4.0 version

It was working previously but all of a sudden it broke.

No I dont have the DevForce 2012 EDM extension installed as far as I can tell.

How do I regenerate the folder/files under the Extension folder if the dll is missing? Its a randomly generated folder name so I cant just add one to iu

Thanks
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2013 at 12:04pm
It's odd that the .dll went missing.  To restore it, first uninstall this extension from within the VS Tools | Extensions and Updates window.  To re-install it, in Windows Explorer go to the DevForce install folder and find 'IdeaBlade.VisualStudio.OM.Designer.11.0.vsix" and double-click it.  You'll need to re-open VS to see the newly installed extension.
RobDog888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RobDog888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2013 at 1:11pm
Got it working again by uninstalling and reinstalling

Thanks! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply