FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Server side methods and custom object

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
katit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote katit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Server side methods and custom object
    Posted: 12-Feb-2014 at 10:55am
I'm working on "wrapper" for web service. Since Silverlight security model doesn't let us call webservices from a client we are calling them on a server.

For one such web service we just passed parameters and got back simple data types.

For this one I want to pass custom object and return back response object. Those are custom types. Is there any samples on how to do this? Right now I get error that object is not known to serializer.

Or maybe there is better way to approach what I'm doing?

Thanks!
katit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote katit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2014 at 5:51pm
Ok. I figured what I did wrong, I had to make my types "known" to serializer.

I inherited IKnownType on those classes and linked them from Silverlight application as well so they live in client and server.

Now I got new error and you need to help me with this one:

Type 'IDATT.Comdata.Webservice.ExpressCheck.ExpressCheckRetrievalRequestProxy' is not known to the serializer. The following probe assemblies were found during initialization: IDATT.SL, IDATT.Infrastructure.SL, IDATT.Model.SL, protobuf-net. Make sure that the assemblies holding your entity model and other known types are in this list. Check that your CompositionHost.SearchPatterns are correct. Also see the debug log to check for assembly load errors

All 3 libraries listed referenced by main Silverlight application and loaded inside main XAP.

I'm using PRISM and modules loaded as separate XAPs when needed. Type I get error about is in one of those modules.

How do I "ask" DevForce to probe assembly after it's loaded? And how do I tell DevForce NOT to probe protobuf-net for example?

Edited by katit - 12-Feb-2014 at 5:53pm
katit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote katit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2014 at 6:47pm
Never mind, figured this out:

http://drc.ideablade.com/devforce-2012/bin/view/Documentation/on-demand-discovery
 Post Reply Post Reply