FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Code First model with EF 6.1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jbiddle61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jbiddle61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Code First model with EF 6.1
    Posted: 24-Mar-2014 at 5:30pm
Seems like the 6.1 release of Entity Framework and Devforce 7.2.2 do not get along.  If I change nothing else and use NuGet to upgrade from EF 6.0.2 to EF 6.1, I can no longer build my code-first model project.  I turned on detailed build logging and here is the error:

C:\Projects\WithEF6.1\Fsl*gL\packages\IdeaBlade.DevForce.Aop.7.2.2\tools\IdeaBlade.DevForce.Common.targets(61,5): error : An error occurred during metadata generation and a metadata file could not be created.  Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Anyone else run into this?

DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2014 at 11:55am
Hi jbiddle61,

As far as I'm aware of, we haven't received any reports on this.

If you could narrow down in your model where this issue is causing, and provide a small sample solution, it'll greatly help us in our debugging.
jbiddle61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jbiddle61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2014 at 4:14pm
Here you go: sample.zip

John

(asterisk in file name causing error - Josh)

Edited by JoshO - 04-Apr-2014 at 12:12pm
DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2014 at 4:58pm
John, thanks for the sample.

We used reflection heavily when building a CF model and it looks like a particular reflection API has changed within the new EF 6.1. assembly.

Let me discuss this with the lead engineer to find out what we can do to fix this.
zbig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote zbig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2014 at 11:31am
I have the same issue (Win Store 8.1 App, DevForce Universal, VS 2013 Prem, EF Code First).

Additionally I can't upgrade 'Microsoft Composition (MEF 2)' via nuget because of ' ...incompatible version of IdeaBlade.DevForce.Core...' (see attachement).

May we expect some DevForce minor fixes soon? Including the latest PostSharp update compatibility, too?

Thanks in advance.

MEF2Upgrade.zip
DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2014 at 12:31pm
We are still investigating the breaking change caused by upgrading to EF 6.1.

Zbig,

DF 7.2.2 unfortunately has a hard dependency on Microsoft.Composition 1.0.17. I don't know what it would take yet for DF to be compatible with 1.0.20. We'll also be investigating this.

We're also investigating what it would take for DF to be compatible with the latest PostSharp.

We currently don't have a timeline for when the next DevForce release will be.
kdev View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote kdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2014 at 1:56am
I also have this issue (DF 7.2.2 and EF 6.1).
 Post Reply Post Reply