New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: [Change Topic]Changes on 1 page not reflected on another
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

[Change Topic]Changes on 1 page not reflected on another

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Change Topic]Changes on 1 page not reflected on another
    Posted: 15-Oct-2007 at 11:49am
I am trying to get changes that are made on one page to be reflected on another.

Example. I have a page that handles address types. Then I have another page that uses those address types. I would like it to show the changes from address types on the page that uses those address types.

I believe that if I am using the the same EntityManager and getting my data using an EntityQuery it should always be up to date with what the current user is doing.

Either what am I doing wrong or how do I get this functionality?

Edited by orcities - 17-Oct-2007 at 11:55am
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2007 at 11:49am
The page that is using this information can have many controls on it. ListConverter for one I can not get to update. And Grids have problems to.
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2007 at 1:06pm

I just tested this.  It seems to be working fine.  I have a list of equipment categories.  These are showing up in a window (page), Equipment Maintenance, via a list converter.  The list has five items in it.  If I go to the window that I use to add/edit categories and add one; then, go back to the other window, I now have six items in the list.  The new one shows up. 

I did try this out on grids earlier last week.  The data refreshes nicely on them, too.

I did not do anything special (that I can think of) in order to get that functionality.  Not sure where to point you on this one.
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2007 at 1:08pm
I am using the TabbedShellLayout. I figure the pages are not being refreshed. I need to find a way to do that.
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2007 at 1:28pm
Hhmmm, a different layout shouldn't matter...but it is possible, I suppose.
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2007 at 1:40pm
One thing you could look at is the CAB Visualizer and the Trace Viewer.  They may give you a heads up on what is going on with the work items, pages and data.
Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 3:15pm
This topic is resolved on the thread [Resolved] TabShellLayout
 Post Reply Post Reply