FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] Dynamic Lists

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] Dynamic Lists
    Posted: 19-Oct-2007 at 10:06am

How do I get a list displayed by a list converter to dynamically change based on changes made to another field?

Example:  Customer addresses.  I have an address table that stores addresses for all customers.  If I select a customer on a sales order, then I want to only see a list of addresses for that customer.  How can this be done?

Edited by Linguinut - 23-Oct-2007 at 1:22pm
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2007 at 1:55pm
I used the onchanged, or equiv., method of the control you wish to look at and adjust others. Because my data to be displayed in the list was very specific I could  not use the ListConverters in the foundations namespace.

I will look to refactor this and make it better later. But, got my desired outcome.
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2007 at 1:21pm
Please see http://www.ideablade.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=514 for a detailed explanation of how to begin implementing this feature.
 Post Reply Post Reply