FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Error loading metadata

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dykmans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dykmans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error loading metadata
    Posted: 08-Jul-2008 at 12:56am
Hello,

I have created a DevForce EF model application, following the procedure stipulated in chapter "Hello DevForce" of the developer manual. The project compiles without errors. However, when i try to run the following code:

DomainModel.DomainModelEntityManager ent = new DomainModel.DomainModelEntityManager();

DomainModel.Subject subject = new DomainModel.Subject();

subject.FirstName = "John";

subject.LastName = "Doe";

ent.AddEntity( subject );

ent.SaveChanges();

I always get this error:

[Script generated HTML removed from this post by Moderator]

Save failed - Error loading metadata: Cannot find corresponding Client CLR Type for 'nBepsModel.IcsProgram' in DomainModel, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

Where IcsProgram is a navigation property of Subject.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Philippe

Edited by DFFadmin - 08-Jul-2008 at 12:07pm
dykmans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dykmans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2008 at 1:04am
Woooow... I don't know where all that junk in my previous post suddenly came from. But i didn't type it, i swear! ;-)

Anyway, the mentioned error is at the end of the garbage, in red.

Grtz,
Philippe < ="http://shots.snap.com/client/inject.js?site_name=0" =text/>
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2008 at 12:20pm
Can you post (or send to support@ideablade.com) your EDMX file, and also a snippet of the app.config in the AppHelper project for the appropriate edmKey element?

Thanks.
dykmans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dykmans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2008 at 12:43pm
Hey,

Thanks for your reply. I just posted another message. They must have crossed eachother.
Give me a minute. I send you the requested files.

Thanks,
Philippe
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2008 at 1:52pm
Philippe,

From the solution you sent, it looks like you are not using the version of the Entity Framework supported by DEF RC1.  DevForce EF RC1 (v 4.1.2.0) works only with .NET 3.5 SP1 Beta.  Check out the DEF Release Notes, specifically page 4 on breaking changes, for more information.
dykmans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dykmans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2008 at 1:52am
You are absolutely right! Silly me... For some unrelated reason i had restored my system to a point before the 3.5 SP1 upgrade. All the while thinking i was working with SP1. Sorry about that, and thanks for helping out.

[Script generated HTML removed from this post by Moderator

Regards,
Philippe < ="http://shots.snap.com/client/inject.js?site_name=0" =text/>

Edited by GregD - 10-Nov-2008 at 5:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply