FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DevForce EF - Oracle & DataDirect

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tkarnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tkarnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DevForce EF - Oracle & DataDirect
    Posted: 16-Sep-2008 at 11:57am
I installed DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET - 3.1 Release for Visual Studio 2008 but I still do not see the Oracle datasource when I attempt to create a new connection using the Entiy Data Model Wizard.  When I installed the OraDirect .NET Oracle data provider I WAS able to see the Oracle datasource.  From a previous post I understood that you do support DataDirect and, if so, am I installing the correct provider?

Thanks!
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2008 at 1:35pm
Hmmm, maybe DataDirect is not quite there yet:  http://blogs.msdn.com/adonet/archive/2008/08/11/third-party-provider-support-for-the-entity-framework-rtm.aspx.

The provider needs to support .NET 3.5 SP1 in order to be used within the Entity Framework (and DevForce).  Just to clarify, the Entity Data Model wizard is actually from Microsoft, it's not part of DevForce. 

tkarnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tkarnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2008 at 7:22am
Good to know...thanks a lot!
 Post Reply Post Reply