Forum Name: DevForce 2009
Forum Discription: For .NET 3.5
URL: http://www.ideablade.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1325
Printed Date: 18-Mar-2024 at 11:01pm

Topic: Data not showing in bound controls
Posted By: jlk
Subject: Data not showing in bound controls
Date Posted: 15-Jun-2009 at 3:03pm
Despite numerous atttempts I can't get a controlbindingManager to display my data values in bound textboxes.

I can display parent/child rows from linked tables in an ultragrid, populate comboboxes and listboxes from code using another CBM. I can save changes, add new items to my ultragrid, create new datarows, etc.  Everything works wonderfully except I can't show individual data in simple controls.

Mulitple attempts using the most simple of scenarios has not worked. Using only one entity, without any relationships I can bind all the properties to a grid using an ultragridBM and display them but the same simple controls do not display the properties using the CBM. If I chain to a bindingnavigator the navigator indicates the number of Items in the entity correctly, cycles as required the rows in the grid, but still nothing appears in the textboxes!

I'm sure there is something very simple I am overlooking but I don't know what. I've saved, rebuilt, closed, and even created whole new solutions from scratch, including creating the model and still no luck. I've used widows textboxes and all versions of my UG components and no luck. I even checked to make sure the fore and back colors were not the same in the textboxes.

Any suggestions?
Flabergasted in Cleveland

I'm using version DevForce 3.6.3.1, SQL 2005, Infragistics NetAdvantage 8.2, VB in .Net 2008 with a Vista Home Premium OS.

Replies:
Posted By: kimj
Date Posted: 20-Jun-2009 at 6:44pm
Dear Flabbergasted in Cleveland,

My guess is that the BindingSource property on the ControlBindingManager isn't set, or else the DataSource property on the BindingSource.   Two easy things to overlook.  If you still have questions, take a look at the "Populating a WinForm" learning unit in the "100 Fundamentals" series - it shows how to set up a ControlBindingManager.

Print Page | Close Window