Forum Name: DevForce 2009
Forum Discription: For .NET 3.5
URL: http://www.ideablade.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1595
Printed Date: 16-Apr-2024 at 1:02am

Topic: DevExpress 9.3
Posted By: rclarke
Subject: DevExpress 9.3
Date Posted: 22-Dec-2009 at 2:13pm
Will there be a DevForce interim release before March/10 which supports DevExpress 9.3?

Replies:
Posted By: WardBell
Date Posted: 23-Dec-2009 at 9:30pm
We are considering such an interim release but at this time do not have a commitment to such a release nor a date. Eager to hear from you (and others) about when you truly need DevExpress 9.3 support.

Posted By: rclarke
Date Posted: 24-Dec-2009 at 4:50am
I know it puts you in a tough spot to keep up to date with 3rd party control vendors schedules and still balance resources to apply to more mportant work. It's clear that Ideablade's priority is VS2010/WPF/Silverlight as it should be but, I like to stay current with all software releases and still have a need for Winforms controls(stilll going the WPF/SL learning curve). I honestly doubt that much has changed in the DevX controls from a data binding perspective so it could be just a matter of version number changes and repackaging. Perhaps it is time to consider an option whch would make the 3rd party control support source available (open source / public doman) without support to the community. Interpret this as no crying need but anxious to stay current.

Posted By: WardBell
Date Posted: 09-Jan-2010 at 1:11am
Interesting idea. I'm going to kick it around.

Meanwhile, we are anticipating a release supporting DevExpress 9.3 in Feb 2010. Stay tuned!

Print Page | Close Window