Forum Name: DevForce 2009
Forum Discription: For .NET 3.5
URL: http://www.ideablade.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1621
Printed Date: 18-May-2024 at 6:31pm

Topic: Error when Dll Copy Local False
Posted By: *Calsy
Subject: Error when Dll Copy Local False
Date Posted: 21-Jan-2010 at 12:47pm
Hi All, Is there any reason why when I set the System.Windows.Controls.Data dll i have referenced in my silverlight project to copy local false I get an error when trying to connect the entitymanager to the database saying:

"EntityServerException: Unable to create proxy to /EntityServer.svc service --->

at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityServerClient.CreateProxy(String serviceName)

at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityServerClient..ctor(String serviceName)

at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.RemoteEntityServerProxy.GetEntityServer()

at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.EntityManager.<ConnectCoreAsync>b__27(AsyncEventArgs args)"

As soon as i set the dll copy local back to true it will work fine. I need to set it to false so i can defer the load of the dll as its only needed on a certain page and i want to cut down size of the xap.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: davidklitzke
Date Posted: 25-Jan-2010 at 10:58am

CopyLocal must be set to True for the IdeaBlade assembly references in order for these solutions to run.  This is because the *.svc (and .asax) files are compiled by ASP.NET at run time and that compiler ignores the GAC and wants the assemblies in the bin folder.  I should add that by “run” I mean the connect has to succeed – the page coming up OK is not sufficient.

Posted By: kimj
Date Posted: 27-Jan-2010 at 11:07am
Matthew, which version of DevForce are you using?  At one time IdeaBlade.Core.SL had a reference to System.Windows.Control.Data, but that was fixed quite awhile ago.  Nothing else in the DevForce SL assemblies should be referencing this assembly, so I don't know why you'd get the error.  Does your DomainModel or another required assembly reference it? 

Print Page | Close Window