Printed From: IdeaBlade
Category: DevForce
Forum Name: DevForce Classic
Forum Discription: For .NET 2.0
URL: http://www.ideablade.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3047
Printed Date: 28-Mar-2024 at 6:55am

Topic: BOS Model Error: DataColumnMapping.SourceColumn is required to be unique
Posted By: kjohnson
Subject: BOS Model Error: DataColumnMapping.SourceColumn is required to be unique
Date Posted: 20-Oct-2011 at 5:29am
We are having a intermittent but persistent error occurring with the Model for the project I've been working on. When the problem occurs when trying to login to the persistence manager. And it returns the error:

The DataColumnMapping.SourceColumn is required to be unique. 'Inactive' already exists in the collection.

This error is a little strange because the column 'Inactive' has been present in the database since it was created, and has not been modified since. This error will occasionally occur when I need to update the Model (which I make sure to do a mandatory update to our program so all users have a current version on the Model to work from). But the error will also occasionally occur days after I've made the update to the Model.

To clear the error and get the Model working again, I'm forced to make another update to the Model. Doing a recompile of the Model (even when clearing the build destination folder) doesn't clear the error, I have to change something in the Model and update the server before the error will be cleared.

I've been trying to figure out what could be causing this problem to occur but so far have made little progress beyond handling the symptoms of the problem (namely the ones that the end-user would see). Any help that could be provided would be appreciated.

Replies:
Posted By: kimj
Date Posted: 20-Oct-2011 at 8:33am
Which version of DevForce 2005 are you running?  

Posted By: kjohnson
Date Posted: 20-Oct-2011 at 12:08pm
We are running DevForce Classic version 3.6.10.0

Posted By: kimj
Date Posted: 20-Oct-2011 at 12:47pm
This sounds like a mutli-threading problem on the BOS.   We fixed several locking / multi-threading problems after the 3.6.10 release, and the current 3.7.5 release should fix your problem.

Print Page | Close Window