Forum Name: DevForce 2010
Forum Discription: For .NET 4.0
URL: http://www.ideablade.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3238
Printed Date: 23-Apr-2024 at 4:31am

Topic: Security with two ADO Providers
Posted By: rclarke
Subject: Security with two ADO Providers
Date Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 10:18am
I have an application that has two databases. One is SQL Server and the other is provided through an ADO.Net entity provider for QuickBooks(RSSBus). My problem is that I am enforcing security with the SQL Server db and have indicated that a LoginManager is necessary in my App.Config. Everything works great with this database. The problem is that I don't require a login to the QuickBooks database. When I try to create and access the QuickBooks db I get an login exception. Each data model is in a seperate project/assembly. How can I tell Devforce to login to the SQL Server data model but not require login for the QuickBooks data model?

Replies:
Posted By: rclarke
Date Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 12:34pm
I have this working albiet in a way that may not be the correct way. In LoginManager I check for a null credential being passed into the Login function and return an authenticated principal. I would like some verification as to whether this is the best way to handle this.

Posted By: sbelini
Date Posted: 31-Jan-2012 at 2:12pm
Hi rclarke,

Since you want to enforce a LoginManager in the config file, your approach is appears to the a good one because every EM will login (i.e. it will call the IEntityLoginManager on the server, with the credentials - or lack of credentials - supplied).

Regards,
   Silvio.

Print Page | Close Window