Print Page | Close Window

ShellView

Printed From: IdeaBlade
Category: Cocktail
Forum Name: Community Forum
Forum Discription: A professional application framework using Caliburn.Micro and DevForce
URL: http://www.ideablade.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3678
Printed Date: 23-Apr-2024 at 4:46am

Topic: ShellView
Posted By: chip@thoth.com
Subject: ShellView
Date Posted: 28-Sep-2012 at 1:32pm
If I add the Ribbon Control to the Temphire sample and change from Window to RibbonWindow the main window does
not appear until after the user logs in. Where within Cocktail can I make the changes to accept RibbbonWindow as the main window. Thank you for your help.

Replies:
Posted By: mgood
Date Posted: 03-Oct-2012 at 6:19am
There is nothing to change in Cocktail in order to use the RibbonWindow. Cocktail doesn't care what controls you use in your views. This behavior appears to be a quirk of the RibbonWindow. The issue is that popups in WPF are modal, so it appears that the RibbonWindow doesn't finish rendering until the modal dialog is closed.

Looks like with the RibbonWindow you can't do the login in OnViewLoaded. You'll have to do the login some other way. Maybe the user needs to click on a login button first or present the login view inside the RibbonWindow's content area instead of doing it as a popup.

Posted By: chip@thoth.com
Date Posted: 03-Oct-2012 at 11:13am
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. It helps me better understand how your framework operates.
Chip Wingate

Print Page | Close Window