Print Page | Close Window

PostSharp

Printed From: IdeaBlade
Category: Cocktail
Forum Name: Community Forum
Forum Discription: A professional application framework using Caliburn.Micro and DevForce
URL: http://www.ideablade.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3720
Printed Date: 06-May-2024 at 12:42pm

Topic: PostSharp
Posted By: Juergen
Subject: PostSharp
Date Posted: 16-Oct-2012 at 1:31am
Hello,

I get following message:

>>The module 'SecurityModel.dll' does not contain any aspect or other transformation. For improved build-time performance, consider disabling PostSharp for this module by setting the compilation symbol (aka constant) 'SkipPostSharp' in your project, or set the MSBuild property 'SkipPostSharp=True'.<<

But in Visual Studio 2012 I don't have a PostSharp tab under project settings. Is that right?

Also my Silverlight app shows 100 % but don't show anything else. How can I find out what is going wrong? A stop point in the AppBootstrapper.cs will never be reached.

Best regards,
Juergen

Replies:
Posted By: mgood
Date Posted: 16-Oct-2012 at 11:18am
The PostSharp add-in is not currently available in VS 2012. You can manually add the MSBuild property by editing your project file. Add it to the main PropertyGroup (the one without condition)

<PropertyGroup>
    <SkipPostSharp>True</SkipPostSharp>
  </PropertyGroup>

As for your Silverlight app being stuck at 100%, do you have the bootstrapper added to the app.xaml?

http://drc.ideablade.com/devforce-2012/bin/view/Documentation/cocktail-application-bootstrapper#HCreatingabootstrapper - http://drc.ideablade.com/devforce-2012/bin/view/Documentation/cocktail-application-bootstrapper#HCreatingabootstrapper

Date Posted: 16-Oct-2012 at 11:38pm
SkipPostSharp works fine.

I have added the bootstrapper to the app.xaml. I cannot see a difference to the TempHire app. How can I find out what is going wrong?

Date Posted: 17-Oct-2012 at 12:40am
In Visual Studio go to Debug|Exceptions and check the "Thrown" box next to CLR Exceptions to have the debugger break when an exception is thrown. It will break on a bunch that are harmless, but one of them should be the cause of your issue.

Date Posted: 17-Oct-2012 at 12:23pm
No success. No exceptions were thrown. No idea what to do.

Date Posted: 17-Oct-2012 at 12:28pm
Are you sure you have Silverlight debugging enabled? Right-click on the web project, select properties and then select the Web tab. At the bottom, make sure the Silverlight debugger is checked.

Date Posted: 17-Oct-2012 at 12:31pm
Also make sure the web project is your startup project.

Date Posted: 17-Oct-2012 at 11:21pm
Silverlight debugger is enabled. Web project is my startup project. I have no idea what is going on.

Date Posted: 18-Oct-2012 at 12:00am
Sorry I'm out of ideas as to what it could be. I've already given you the couple of things that usually cause this. I have no idea what's going on with your app. I'd suggest you start with a blank Silverlight Application and then add the Cocktail package and take it from there.
There is maybe one more thing. Make sure you have a valid StartUp object. Right-click on the Silverlight project and select Properties, then select the Silverlight tab and make sure the correct Startup object is selected in the drop down.

Date Posted: 18-Oct-2012 at 3:51am
Thats what I did. I startet with a blank Silverlight Application. I checked the StartUp object... everything was fine. What shall I do now, can I send you my solution?

Date Posted: 18-Oct-2012 at 10:01am
I see you are evaluating Cocktail and DevForce, so yes go ahead and send me your solution. I'll take a look.

Print Page | Close Window