Forum Discription: For .NET 4.0
URL: http://www.ideablade.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4677
Printed Date: 28-Apr-2024 at 11:54am

Topic: Assembly EntityFramework.dll
Posted By: Vincent
Subject: Assembly EntityFramework.dll
Date Posted: 10-Apr-2014 at 8:02pm
Dear Support Team,

My ASP.Net application  is developed using Devforce 2010 v6.1.3.1. When I deploy the application to windows 7 ultimate everything works fine. But when I deploy the application to Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1,  the application fails to connect to database and I get the following two exceptions

"Cannot obtain System.Data.Entity.Database.DefaultConnectionFactory: at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Edm.EFCodeFirstTypes.get_DefaultConnectionFactory() at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Edm.DbKey.CheckForCodeFirst(String name, String connectionString) at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Edm.DbKey.Initialize() at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Edm.DbKey..ctor(ClientEdmKey clientKey)"

and

"DevForce CodeFirst support requires ADO.NET Entity Framework 4.1. Assembly EntityFramework.dll was not found.: at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Edm.EFCodeFirstTypes.get_EntityFramework() at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Edm.EFCodeFirstTypes.get_DefaultConnectionFactory()"

The EntityFramework.dll is always prent in the bin folder of the application. Can you please help me here?

Best Regards,
Vincent

Print Page | Close Window