Forum Name: DevForce Classic
Forum Discription: For .NET 2.0
URL: http://www.ideablade.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=699
Printed Date: 19-Apr-2024 at 2:36pm

Topic: Getter Setter and BindableList
Posted By: aladdin
Subject: Getter Setter and BindableList
Date Posted: 26-Feb-2008 at 6:58pm
Sorry for my english. - I dont now how to phrase  the problem.

I use a sample to explain more easy.

If extended the IdeaBladeTutorial with new two tables Colors ->fields Id, ColorName and Sizes -> fields Id,SizeName
and insert new fields in Product GroupId, ColorId, SizeId.
and change the relation OrdrerDetail->ProductDetail->Product

Now we have the schema :

OdrerDetail                                                   ProductDetail                                                               Product
----------------------------------------------------    ---------------------------------------------------------------     -------------------------
/OrderSummaryId/ ProductId /Quantity /      /GroupId/ ProductId/ColorId/SizeId/ProductName/     / id / ProductName /
---------------------------------------------------     ----------------------------------------------------------------    ------------------------
         1000                 3               5                       1           3             red       M          P1                        1      P1                  
         1000                 4               2                       2           4             blue      L          p1                        2      P2              
         1000                 5               1                       1           5             red       XL         p1                        3     p1 -child
         1000                 6               4                       2           6             green    L          p1                        4     p1 -child   
                                                                                                                                                             5     p1 -child  
                                                                                                                                                             6     p1 -child                

When add or modify the OrderDetail must to create a new "DynamicTable" for processing.- like pivot -
because when created a product we dont now how many colors and sizes to add.

DynamicTable
 ------------------------------------------
 /  Id  / ColorId /  M   /   L   /  XL  /
-----------------------------------------
     1       red        5        0       1
     2       blue       0        2       0
     3       green    0        4        0

There are many solution to approximate the problem but i believe the best way is with Getter and Setter and
i dont now how.There is a hint in Common.EntityModel the GetChildrenPropertyDescriptorFactory method.
this is the GetterDelegate but missing the SetterDelegate.

Any idea? Thanks.

Replies:
Posted By: Bill Jensen
Date Posted: 26-Mar-2008 at 11:38am
Are you using the DevEx version of Cabana?  If so, look at the Admin module.  It contains two examples of using a proxy object to display and edit a many-to-many relationship (in this case the associations between users (or groups) and privileges ("security codes").  A similar technique might work for your application.

Bill J.

Print Page | Close Window