Forum Name: DevForce Classic
Forum Discription: For .NET 2.0
URL: http://www.ideablade.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=919
Printed Date: 20-Apr-2024 at 12:03pm

Topic: Verification and Client
Posted By: Watson
Subject: Verification and Client
Date Posted: 18-Aug-2008 at 4:57pm

I have briefly gone over your pdfs online and had a specific question that I didn't see ( I only skimmed the documents).

Using your tools ( Enterprise dev force + bos) can you create business objects and expose them in a way to allow any client ( whether it be web or smart, java or .net ) to access those business objects while still exposing to the gui verification ( validation).

Basically, I'm looking for tools that allow me to define the objects on the server and then let whatever client be able to call those business objects and show the verification. This may not be possible, I did read that you can expose these objects as web services, I'm just not sure how the verification part can be cross platform since the client side code can be very different ( i.e. javascript versus c#).

Replies:
Posted By: davidklitzke
Date Posted: 21-Aug-2008 at 1:59pm

For more implementation details, see our advanced tutorial:

file:///F:/Training/300%20Advanced/Web%20Service%20Publishing - 362. Web Service Publishing

Expose your DevForce business model to the world via automatically generated web services. Includes separate solutions that use (1) .NET 2.x and a traditional web service; and (2) .NET 3.x. and the Windows Communication Foundation.

You are correct that verification poses several challenges. Our current Web Service Publishing model adopts an approach where verification will only only work with DevForce applications and will not support verification for Vanilla .NET UI applications

Print Page | Close Window