Forum Name: DevForce Classic
Forum Discription: For .NET 2.0
URL: http://www.ideablade.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=976
Printed Date: 28-Mar-2024 at 9:27am

Topic: "License violation" Error
Posted By: rleinen
Subject: "License violation" Error
Date Posted: 27-Oct-2008 at 2:11pm
I am using devforce in an asp.net website. Everything worked fine in localhost by adding the apphelper and the business object projects to the solution. I then referenced the appropriate ideablade dlls. Like I said, everything works fine.

Then when I deploy to the web server I get the following error when the code tries to load the persistence server:

"Unable to initialize PersistenceManager *** License violation *** - Valid product key not found"

Can anyone tell me what I am missing or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Randy Leinen

Replies:
Posted By: davidklitzke
Date Posted: 27-Oct-2008 at 2:27pm

You have a bad license key.

The most common fix for this problem is to go to the Object Mapper in Visual Studio, and rebuild your Model project.  Before you do so, make sure that you check “Generate All Files”.  Make sure that the updated project is on both Client and Server,

Posted By: rleinen
Date Posted: 27-Oct-2008 at 2:30pm
I copied a few files over from the apphelper project into the root of the website:
- ideablade.config
- apphelper.snk
- signkey.snk

I don't know why, but this worked.

Posted By: kimj
Date Posted: 27-Oct-2008 at 7:27pm
In DevForce 3.6.4 and DevForce EF 4.2.1 you'll get that exception when the license isn't found at runtime.   The license might not be found because of a missing config file, a "bad" config file, or when probe assemblies are either not specified in the config or cannot be loaded for some reason.  

We've fixed this in the next releases to provide a more descriptive error message.

Print Page | Close Window